Advised on a 100% sale of a software asset to a strategic buyer
|Has been acquired by|
“Your knowledge of the mergers and acquisitions process was much appreciated as we negotiated our way to a very successful outcome for all parties. I found your shrewd business intellect to be very enlightening.” David Donahue – President
- A pure-play SaaS employee benefits administrator serving large benefits providers and third party administrators.
- BenefitsXML’s Benefits Real Time Information Exchange (BRIX) employee benefits administration system is a multi-tenant, multi-channel customer self-service platform that enables employees to manage their annual enrollment, new hire enrollment and ongoing changes throughout their lifecycle at the company.
- The founder/CEO desired an exit after 10 plus years of investment in the company.
- BenefitsXML joined SS&C, a publicly traded international company with over 1,500 employees worldwide and a market cap of over $2.0 billion.
- Successfully leveraged the industry consolidation trends to negotiate an improved valuation and to maximize the cash at closing.
- The final bid valued the company more than 50% higher than the initial indication of interest.