Temasek Invests in BluJay Solutions
Sunil Grover, Managing Partner
Post-money EV: approx. $700m
- On September 25, 2017, BluJay Solutions announced that it has received a minority equity investment from Temasek Holdings for an undisclosed amount.
- BluJay, formerly known as Kewill, is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a technology-focused private equity firm that took the company private in 2012.
- In 2015, BluJay replaced its incumbent CEO with Doug Braun, who previously served as CEO of International Business Solutions (IBS), now known as Iptor Supply Chain Systems. Braun has since instated an acquisition-focused growth strategy for the company.
Continued Transaction Activity in the Supply Chain
- As the Amazon effect continues to pervade the supply chain, shippers are scrambling to keep up with increasing demand for parcel shipments. This has led to increased activity around shipper-focused transportation management system (TMS) software, as opposed to more traditional carrier- and 3PL-focused software.
- BluJay offers its shipper customers a supply chain network of carriers, forwarders, and 3PLs similar to that of TrueCommerce, a portfolio company of Accel-KKR and whose sister company HighJump Software was recently sold to Körber AG.
- M&A continues to be the growth strategy of choice for TMS providers looking to expand their footprints to reach players along the entire supply chain. This is resulting in the acquisitions of software companies with shipper-focused functionality like Newgistics, CargoSphere, and ShipRush.
- BluJay has reinforced this trend with its acquisition of Blackbay earlier this year, and will continue to do so with the $500m debt facility it recently secured from TPG and BlueBay. More of BluJay’s transactions are listed below.
Historical BluJay Acquisitions
True Blue Partners is a M&A advisory firm that serves lower mid-market enterprise software and service companies. For more information please visit www.truebluepartners.com or email us at info @ truebluepartners . com