Founder CEO gets a two step exit with financial buyer
|Has been acquired by
“You and your team offered an understanding of our business, our industry, the relevant investment community and insight that helped us consider different options before us… There are the mechanics of running a process that I believe many firms can deliver, but what differentiated you and your firm is the art of a deal.” John N. Poole – President and CEO
- Leading provider of enterprise telephony and unified communications (UC) services, converged infrastructure solutions, software and hardware to enterprise, government and Fortune1000 clients.
- After 22+ years of investment, the founder/CEO was looking for a partial liquidity event and additional resources to fuel the Company’s on-going growth.
- Leverage the current industry shift towards
- Initial exit of 80% liquidity exceeded client expectations from a full sale
- Business received the right financial partner to take to the next level
- Within a year of transaction company acquired two assets that have more than doubled the business by expanding the offering into adjacent spaces
- Developed business plan and positioning around emerging opportunities and initial customer traction in the space of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
- Ran a comprehensive process inviting both strategic and financial buyers
- Strategically negotiated letters of intent to enable the shareholders to exit with their preferred bidder. The winning bid valuation increased ~30% from IOI to LOI.