Genpact Acquires Rightpoint Consulting
Enterprise Value/Revenue: Undisclosed
- On October 15, 2019, global digital transformation services firm Genpact (NYSE:G) announced its acquisition of Rightpoint Consulting, a premier digital experience consulting firm based in Chicago.
- Rightpoint marks Genpact’s second acquisition of a digital experience consultancy firm, their first being TandemSeven, which was acquired for $34.8m in September of 2017.
- This acquisition will allow Genpact to elevate its experience offering by combining its deep process, domain, and digital expertise with Rightpoint’s creative agency services.
Rightpoint History and Salesforce.com Ecosystem
- In 2015, Rightpoint recapitalized with a $55m investment from Stella Point Capital and Azoic Ventures, at a top line of ~$28m with 40% YoY growth.
- The investment was used to fuel geographic expansion, enhance product-based solution services, and augment digital marketing and CRM capabilities.
- The company subsequently made a series of 3 acquisitions, growing its headcount from 200 in 2015 to 500 in 2019.
These transactions include:
- April 2016: Agency Oasis, provider of digital marketing services
- Nov 2017: Raizlabs, a data-driven digital experience company
- Jul 2019: Bowfin Consulting, a Salesforce partner and provider of digital strategy services
- Rightpoint’s acquisition of Bowfin Consulting in July 2019 enabled them to further enhance their expertise across the Sales, Service, Marketing and Community Clouds within the Salesforce.com ecosystem.
- Salesforce consulting partner ecosystem has seen a significant rise in investment and M&A activity. TBP advised OSF commerce in its $23m growth equity raise to fuel growth through organic and inorganic means.
Genpact Obtains Salesforce Capabilities through its Acquisition of Rightpoint
- Rightpoint is a Salesforce Partner with 10+ years of experience on the platform. Similarly, they are also a Sitecore Platinum Implementation Partner. Sitecore is an integrated Content Management System that is increasingly used by Salesforce.com customers.
- According to a recent earnings call, Genpact uses digital transformation services to wedge into new accounts and managed services offerings to grow the core outsourcing business in these accounts.
Genpact Recent Acquisition
True Blue Partners is a boutique M&A advisory firm that serves lower mid-market enterprise software, service and solutions companies. It brings the rigorous strategic and financial perspective of bulge bracket firms with a company building approach and a steadfast partnership that only an independent boutique firm can deliver. For more information please visit www.truebluepartners.com or email us at info @ truebluepartners . com.