Descartes Acquires BestTransport
Value ($m): $11.2
Enterprise Value/Revenue: Not Disclosed
- On August 21, 2019 Descartes Systems Group (NASDAQ:DSGX) announced its acquisition of BestTransport.com, Inc. (BestTransport) which provide cloud based transport management system (TMS) solutions.
- BestTransport offers a full suite TMS but has developed extensive capabilities for flatbed-intensive manufacturers and distributors.
- The idiosyncrasies of flatbed shipping require a tailored approach for the domain and BestTransport has spent the last 15 years developing a specialized solution.
- The capabilities of BestTransport naturally fit into Descartes’ Global Logistics Network solution.
- Descartes continue to grow through strategic acquisitions with this being their fourth in 2019.
TMS Market Growth and Resulting Acquisitions
- According to the Global Transport Management Systems Market Report the global TMS market is forecast to grow from $1,860m in 2019 to $3,640m in 2024.
- TMS software demand is driven by rising freight costs, constrained truck load capacity and labor shortages.
- Many more supply chain companies are expanding their offerings by acquiring TMS capabilities as highlighted by Descarte’s most recent transaction and other transactions in 2019 (Clear Destination’s acquisition of Jarca and Singapore Post’s purchase of Jagged Peak).
Similar Past Transactions
Descartes Previous Acquisitions
True Blue Partners is a boutique M&A advisory firm that serves lower mid-market enterprise software, service and solutions companies. It brings the rigorous strategic and financial perspective of bulge bracket firms with a company building approach and a steadfast partnership that only an independent boutique firm can deliver. For more information please visit www.truebluepartners.com or email us at info @ truebluepartners . com.